MVTA Seeking Candidates for Bus Rider of the QuarterSep 28th, 2016 11:35 am
The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) is establishing a Transit Rider Recognition Program. The purpose of the program is to recognize exceptional transit riders who have gone above and beyond the call of courtesy while riding an MVTA bus. Examples include:
- A rider consistently serves as a “bus buddy” for other riders unfamiliar with the service,
- A rider has provided extraordinary assistance to a driver of a bus,
- A rider regularly recruits other riders to use the service,
- A rider has been using the service for many years,
- A rider has performed some other exceptional/extraordinary service while riding the MVTA.
To nominate a Rider of the Quarter, please submit the following information:
- Rider’s full name
- Rider’s contact information (email and telephone)
- Submitter’s name
- Submitter’s contact information
- Bus Route of Nominee
- Reason(s) for nomination
Nomination forms are also available on the MVTA website. Nominations should be submitted to via email to MVTA@mvta.com.
Terms and Conditions
- The promotion is conducted and all entries are selected by Minnesota Valley Transit Authority, whose decisions are final on all matters.
- MVTA is not responsible for errors and/or problems with conducting this promotion.
- This promotion may be discontinued or terms & conditions changed at any time without notice.
- The Rider of the Quarter must show proof of identification and must sign a release for use in MVTA’s public reporting of the promotion and winner(s).
- One entry per person. Promotional winners are not eligible to win again for up to one year after receiving prizes.
- Please, no self-nominations.
- Prizes are not transferrable.
Winners will be given a $50 Go-To card; if riders already have a transit pass, riders will be offered a gift card of equal value, to an area restaurant.
Riders of the Quarter will have their photo taken to be featured on the MVTA website (www.mvta.com) and in the News That Travels newsletter. The individual who nominates the winning rider will also receive MVTA promotional items.