Commitment to Fairness
The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) pledges that you will have access to all our programs, services and benefits without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or socioeconomic status.
The MVTA will not tolerate discrimination by its employees or by those who receive federal funds from MVTA. Minnesota Valley Transit Authority prohibits all discriminatory practices that may result in an individual:
- Being denied any service, financial aid or benefit provided under a program to which he or she may be otherwise entitled;
- Being held to different standards or requirements for participation;
- Experiencing segregation or separate treatment in any part of a program;
- Being subject to distinctions in quality, quantity or manner in which a benefit is provided;
- Experiencing discrimination in any activities conducted in a MVTA facility built in whole or part with Federal funds.
Further, MVTA will:
- Avoid or reduce harmful human health and environmental effects on minority and low income populations;
- Ensure full and fair participation by all communities, including low income and minority populations in the transportation decision-making process;
- Prevent the denial of reduction in or significant delay in the receipt of benefits by minority and low income populations.
These rights are guaranteed to you under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which says in part:
No person in the United State shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. (42 U.S.C. Sec200d)
In addition, Executive Order 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations, 1994 provides:
Each Federal agency shall make achieving environmental justice part of its mission by identifying and addressing, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health or environmental effects of its programs, policies, and activities on minority populations and low-income populations.
If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or socioeconomic status, you may file a written complaint with the Minnesota Valley Transit Authority at this address:
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority
100 E. Highway 13
Burnsville, MN 55337