Commitment to Fairness
The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) pledges that you will have access to all our programs, services and benefits without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or socioeconomic status.
The MVTA will not tolerate discrimination by its employees or by those who receive federal funds from MVTA. Minnesota Valley Transit Authority prohibits all discriminatory practices that may result in an individual:
- Being denied any service, financial aid or benefit provided under a program to which he or she may be otherwise entitled;
- Being held to different standards or requirements for participation;
- Experiencing segregation or separate treatment in any part of a program;
- Being subject to distinctions in quality, quantity or manner in which a benefit is provided;
- Experiencing discrimination in any activities conducted in a MVTA facility built in whole or part with Federal funds.
Further, MVTA will:
- Avoid or reduce harmful human health and environmental effects on minority and low income populations;
- Ensure full and fair participation by all communities, including low income and minority populations in the transportation decision-making process;
- Prevent the denial of reduction in or significant delay in the receipt of benefits by minority and low income populations.
These rights are guaranteed to you under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which says in part:
No person in the United State shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. (42 U.S.C. Sec200d)
In addition, Executive Order 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations, 1994 provides:
Each Federal agency shall make achieving environmental justice part of its mission by identifying and addressing, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health or environmental effects of its programs, policies, and activities on minority populations and low-income populations.
If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your race, color or national origin, you may file a written complaint with the Minnesota Valley Transit Authority at this address:
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority
100 E. Highway 13
Burnsville, MN 55337
MVTA's Title VI Plan can be found here.
MVTA's Title VI Complaint Form can be found here.
MVTA's Language Assistance Plan can be found here.
Bus information is available in multiple languages at mvta.com on both desktop and mobile devices. Please refer to the menu options located in the top right corner of these devices to select language when using mvta.com.
La información del autobús está disponible en varios idiomas desde mvta.com tanto en el escritorio (esquina superior derecha de la página web) como en las plataformas móviles (en el menú desplegable).
Macluumaadka baska waxaa laga heli karaa luuqado kala duwan mvta.com labadaba desktop (geeska sare ee shabakadda) iyo moobiilka gacanta (hoos u dhigga menu).
Thông tin xe buýt có sẵn bằng nhiều ngôn ngữ tại mvta.com trên cả máy tính để bàn và thiết bị di động. Vui lòng tham khảo các tùy chọn menu nằm ở góc trên cùng bên phải của các thiết bị này để chọn ngôn ngữ khi sử dụng mvta.com.