The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) uses its website www.mvta.com and social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, to inform customers and provide two-way communication.
The MVTA welcomes participation and comments from the public. However, public comments are checked periodically and customer comments that are sent via phone (952-882-7500) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) will receive more immediate attention.
The MVTA expects those who make comments to exchange ideas and opinions in a climate of mutual respect. The MVTA monitors online sites and will remove any of the following forms of content:
- Comments unrelated to transportation topics, or hyperlinks to material not directly related to the discussion.
- Posts and comments that include vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, or personal attacks.
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Commercial promotions or spam.
- Private, personal information published without the subject’s consent.
- Potentially libelous comments.
- Posts and comments that advocate illegal activity.
- Comments in support of or opposition to political candidates, political parties or ballot measures.
- Obscene or sexual content.
- Information that could compromise the safety or security of the public.
- Comments expressed on the MVTA’s online sites do not reflect the opinions or positions of the MVTA, its employees or public officials.
Comments expressed on the MVTA’s online sites do not reflect the opinions or positions of the MVTA, its employees or public officials.
MVTA may seek to limit or remove information from its website and social media platforms in an effort to comply with the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act and other laws.