Express: Your fast track back to the office!Mar 1st, 2022 8:58 am
Welcome back downtown commuters!
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority provides express service directly to downtown on the following routes. (Click on the links for trip details or contact MVTA Customer Service for additional trip planning assistance.)
Route 460: Burnsville – Minneapolis
Route 465: Burnsville – Minneapolis – U of M
Route 470: Eagan – Minneapolis
Route 472: Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan – Minneapolis
(As of March 12, Route 476 and Route 478 will be consolidated into Route 472. More info here.)
Route 475: Apple Valley, Eagan – Minneapolis – U of M
Route 477: Lakeville, Apple Valley – Minneapolis
Route 480: Apple Valley, Eagan – St. Paul
Route 484: Rosemount – St. Paul
Route 490: Prior Lake, Shakopee – Minneapolis – U of M
Route 493: Shakopee – Minneapolis
Public Transportation Saves Money
- According to APTA’s Transit Saving Report, a two-person household can save, on the average, more than $9,823 a year by downsizing to one car.
- Take the bus and skip the monthly parking fees.
- Bypass higher gasoline costs.
- Public transportation provides an affordable, and for many, necessary, alternative to driving.
Public Transportation Enhances Personal Opportunities
- Public transportation provides personal mobility and freedom for people from every walk of life.
- Access to public transportation gives people transportation options to get to work, go to school, visit friends, or go to a doctor’s office.
- Public transportation provides access to job opportunities for millions of Americans.
Public Transportation Provides Economic Opportunities & Drives Community Growth and Revitalization
- Public transportation offers individuals access to jobs.
- Every $1 billion invested in public transportation supports and creates more than 50,000 jobs.
- Every $10 million in capital investment in public transportation yields $32 million in increased business sales.
- Residential property values performed 42 percent better on average if they were located near public transportation with high-frequency service.
Public Transportation Reduces Gasoline Consumption
- Public transportation use in the United States saves 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually.
- Households near public transit drive an average of 4,400 fewer miles than households with no access to public transit.
Public Transportation Reduces Carbon Footprint
- One person with a 20-mile round trip commute who switches from driving to public transit can reduce his or her daily carbon emissions by 20 pounds, or more than 4,800 pounds in a year.
- A single commuter switching his or her commute to public transportation can reduce a household’s carbon emissions by 10 percent and up to 30 percent if he or she eliminates a second car.
For more information on MVTA Express routes and schedule information, contact MVTA Customer Service at 952-882-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.