Getting around with the Ride MVTA App
Aug 1st, 2019 8:47 am
Take a look at the tips below!
The New Ride MVTA app is now available at the App Store and can be downloaded for free here.
Once you've downloaded the app, it can be used to purchase $5 State Fair tickets.
Buying and Using Tickets
- From the home screen, scroll down to the “Purchase Tickets” button. Click on the button, add tickets to your order, and checkout with a credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Venmo or PayPal!
- Currently, we have one type of ticket: $5 for a round-trip to the Minnesota State Fair
- You can purchase any number of State Fair tickets for you and your friends. To use your ticket, click on your ticket from the home screen, and tap “Activate”. When you board the bus, show your activated ticket to the driver and enjoy your ride.
Planning a Trip
- The app contains several convenient trip planning tools. From the home screen, tap on the map to enter the trip planner. A “Where To” bar will appear at the top of the screen where you can enter a starting and ending location. To make things easy, the app can use your current location and will remember recent searches. You can also add Home and Work locations for quick trip-planning.
- In the Trip Planner, you can choose to leave right away, at a later time, or you can plan your trip by arrival time.
- Once your locations are picked, hit the "Directions" button and you’ll be shown various trip options.
- Click on any of the trips to see a map of the route. For more specific details like walking directions, bus stop locations and transfer opportunities, click on the lines in the upper right-hand corner.
Real time bus information
- MVTA is in the process of installing new real-time information on all buses in the fleet. Once installation is complete, customers will be able to access real-time bus location information via the Ride MVTA app.