Help MVTA and Schmitty & Sons Stuff the Bus for local food shelves
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority and Schmitty & Sons Transit are inviting customers and the community to help Stuff the Bus Dec. 1 through Dec. 11 to support food shelves. Local Cub, Hy-Vee and Lunds & Byerly’s stores are supporting the effort.
An MVTA bus will be stationed at local grocery stores during the two-week collection period and food and cash donations will be collected for 360 Communities and CAP Agency food shelves serving Scott and Dakota counties.
CAP Agency’s Food Shelf in Shakopee provides immediate food and resources to individuals and families to bridge them through difficult times and help them reach self-sufficiency.
360 Communities serves more than 10,000 people annually with emergency food at food shelves in Apple Valley, Burnsville, Farmington, Lakeville and Rosemount.
Help us exceed last year’s collection, when more than 1,800 pounds of food and $2,300 were donated to local food shelves!
Highest need items at local food shelves are non-perishable and include: canned fish and meat, peanut butter, canned fruit and vegetables, rice and pasta, and cooking/baking items. Cash can also be placed in the Stuff the Bus fare box stationed at the stores during the event for donation to the food shelves.
This will be sixth Stuff the Bus collection organized by Minnesota Valley Transit Authority.
MVTA is asking riders, drivers, staff, and the community at large, to Stuff the Bus to support local food shelves. Donate non-perishable food donations or cash at the stores per the schedule below.
Thursday, Dec. 1, from 3-6 p.m.
- Eagan Cub North, located at 1276 Town Centre Dr, Eagan
Friday Dec. 2, from 3-6 p.m.
- Apple Valley Cub Foods, located at 15350 Cedar Ave., Apple Valley
Saturday Dec. 3, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Burnsville Heart of the City Cub Foods, 300 E. Travelers Trail, Burnsville
Sunday Dec. 4, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Rosemount Cub Foods, 3784 150th St., Rosemount
Monday Dec. 5, 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Lunds and Byerlys, 16731 Hwy 13 S., Prior Lake
Thursday Dec. 8, 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Hy-Vee Savage, 6150 Eagan Dr., Savage
Friday Dec. 9, 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Cub Foods Savage, 14075 State Hwy. 13, Savage
Saturday Dec. 10, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Hy-Vee Shakopee, 1451 Adams St. S., Shakopee
Sunday Dec. 11, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Cub Shakopee, 1198 Vierling Dr E, Shakopee