MVTA November Service Change includes new Orange LINK route
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority will implement a service change Nov. 20 that will feature changes to several routes as well the launch of a new Orange LINK (Route 425) designed to serve the newly built Metro Orange Line Heart of the City station.
The Orange LINK will connect riders to the new Orange Line service scheduled to begin in December. Notable destinations on the Orange Link route include Burnsville City Hall, Fairview Ridges Hospital, Burnsville Center Mall, and Burnsville Transit Station. Trips will operate on 30-minute frequencies on weekdays, from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. in both directions. New residential areas in Burnsville will now have additional access to MVTA connecting routes as well as the Orange Line.
Detailed trip times for the Nov. 20 service change will be available online at mvta.com prior to Nov. 20.
MVTA is also announcing service to the new 35W at Lake St. Station on all trips to and from Minneapolis for routes 460, 470, 472, 476, 477, 478. Route 465 will serve 35W at Lake St Station only on trips serving downtown Minneapolis. Riders will have increased access to local and express connections at the new Lake St. station with no adverse effect to run times for any routes.
Other changes effective Nov. 20 include:
- Route 442 -- Run time adjustments to better reflect actual trip times for northbound trips and a better reflection of run times for buses traveling north from Apple Valley.
- Route 444 -- Adjusted run times and added stops at Burnsville Parkway and Travelers Trail.
- Route 445 -- New stops along Promenade Ave provide new access to retail and housing.
- Route 447 -- Added stops at County Road 42 and Dakota Avenue,
- Route 478 -- Routing adjusted to allow for more direct trips to and from downtown Minneapolis with all trips beginning and ending at Rosemount Transit Station.
Any questions or concerns can be directed to customer service at 952-882-7500.