New Booking Procedure begins for MVTA ConnectJan 18th, 2021 11:28 am
Ride on demand service operates 7 days a week in Apple Valley, Burnsville, Rosemount and Savage
MVTA Connect, our on-demand public transit service in Apple Valley, western Burnsville, Rosemount and Savage, has a new booking procedure in effect.
Rides on MVTA Connect need to be booked through the RideMVTA app. All current and new riders will need to use the RideMVTA app to book rides.
Standard fare on MVTA Connect is $3 and customers receive a same-day transfer ticket that can be used for one MVTA Connect return ride or one transfer to an MVTA fixed route bus.
(See MVTA Connect service area map below).
Procedure for rides
Riders can arrange a ride on MVTA Connect using RideMVTA, a smartphone-based app.
- Get the free RideMVTA App
- Sign in and register
When you first open the app, Tap the “Sign In / Register” button at the top of the screen to get started. You can create an account by logging in with your Facebook, Google or Apple account or with an email address.
- Book a Ride
On the home screen, scroll down and tap “Request a Ride.” You will then be asked to confirm your pick-up and drop-off location. Then you can choose your pick-up time and select the number of riders. Please give yourself a 15-30 minute window when choosing a time to arrive at your destination. If limited mobility accessibility is needed, please be sure to tap on the wheelchair icon at this time. You will also be prompted to select a payment via cash, credit card or via an MVTA Connect Transfer Ticket if you have one from a prior trip that day.
- Prep for Pickup
Once a driver is assigned to you, you can track the location of your driver with real-time GPS on the home page or on the ride detail page.
- Share the Ride
During your ride, the MVTA driver may stop and pick up or drop off other riders. All rides provide curb-to-curb service.
- Transfer ticket
Riders who purchase a connect ticket via the RideMVTA app or by cash while boarding may receive a free ticket that can be used for one additional same-day trip on MVTA connect or regular MVTA scheduled service.
An MVTA Connect transfer ticket can be obtained from the driver.
FLEXIBLE OPTIONS FOR SOUTH METRO COMMUTERS
- MVTA Connect delivers flexibility, value and more options for riders in the south metro to access the MVTA system of dedicated routes.
- App-based reservations and payment
- $3 fares in app or cash upon pickup
- Service runs 6 a.m.-7 p.m. seven days a week
- Walk-on riders accepted (cash only, exact fare) at Apple Valley Transit Station, Burnsville Transit Station and Savage Park and Ride.
- During your ride, the MVTA driver may stop and pick up or drop off other riders. All rides provide curb-to-curb service.
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while riding the bus.