Safety remains priority for our customers
Since the onset of COVID-19, MVTA has taken strides to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees.
Safety measures in place
- MVTA has added trips to ensure adequate social distancing on buses.
- The number of customers on buses are limited to comply with social distancing guidelines and allow for adequate spacing.
- To protect customers and drivers, partitions have been installed on buses between the driver and the fare box.
- MVTA has adopted recommendations from the CDC on enhanced cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting procedures. Facilities are sanitized twice a day; buses are sanitized before and after assignments.
- Face masks are required on buses as a result of a state executive order. Research has shown that use of face coverings can greatly reduce the risk of infection when combined with other prevention efforts such as social distancing and hand hygiene, according to the governor’s order.
- Air filters are changed daily on the buses daily.
- MVTA customers are encouraged to maintain social distancing inside MVTA facilities.
- Public restrooms are closed and water fountains are currently disabled due to the pandemic.
- Lost and Found is currently suspended. Please remember to take your belongings!
Customers are urged to do their part to maintain health and safety for everyone.
- Comply with the requirement to wear face coverings.
- Limit touching of surfaces and use Go-To Cards for fare payment when possible.
- Maintain distance between you and others.
- Limit talking while riding the bus.
- Exit from the rear door when possible.
For more information, contact MVTA Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-882-7500.