Winter Parking Spots Being Used for Equipment Storage at BTS and ETS
For Routes: 421, 426, 444, 445, 446, 460, 465, 470, 472, 480, 484, 495
Nov 6th, 2018 1:33 pm
MVTA will be preparing for the winter snows this week at Burnsville Transit and Eagan Transit Stations.
At Burnsville Transit Station the area by stairs at the level 1 northwest corner will be closed off for snow equipment storage at BTS.
At Eagan Transit Station Level 3 at ETS will be closed for the winter months.
Winter is Coming! - BTS Salt Storage-
For Routes: 421, 426, 444, 460, 465, 495
Nov 1st, 2018 3:41 pm
MVTA will be preparing for winter and the northwest corner of Level 1 at Burnsville Transit Station will be used for storage starting the next Wednesday. Parking spots in this area will be reduced.
REMINDER: Upcoming MVTA Route Changes Effective November 17
For Routes: 416, 420, 436, 437, 440, 442, 444, 445, 446, 465, 490, 492, 493
Oct 29th, 2018 9:24 am
The following MVTA schedule changes will take effect on Nov. 17. Please refer to updated schedules or contact MVTA Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-882-7500 for additional information.
- Northbound 5:38 a.m. trip will depart 5 minutes earlier at 5:33 a.m. from Eagan Transit Station.
- Weekend service is added. Trips will operate between Apple Valley Transit Station and Rosemount Transit Station. Weekend service will not include DCTC or any flex service.
- Weekend eastbound trips will depart AVTS at 8:09 a.m., 10:09 a.m., 12:09 p.m., 2:09 p.m., 4:09 p.m. and 6:09 p.m.
- Weekend westbound trips will depart RTS at 8:51 a.m., 10:51 a.m., 12:51 p.m., 2:51 p.m., 4:51 p.m. and 6:51 p.m.
- Northbound trip at 5:20 p.m. will serve Commerce Drive/Alorica, arriving at 46th Station 5 minutes later at 5:56 p.m.
- This route is being eliminated completely due to low ridership. Select Route 445 trips will be modified to serve Blue Cross Blue Shield offices along Yankee Drive.
- Northbound 440V at 7:01 a.m. will depart Apple Valley Transit Station one minute later at 7:02 a.m.
- Trip reductions for both weekday and weekend service.
- Weekday Northbound trips removed: 5:30 a.m., 11:32 a.m., 1:32 a.m., 8:34 p.m., 9:34 p.m.
- Weekday Southbound trips removed: 10:48 a.m., 12:48 p.m., 3:31 p.m. (from VA), 8:51 p.m., 9:51 p.m., 10:51 p.m.
- Weekend Northbound trips removed: 12:44 p.m., 2:44 p.m.
- Weekend Southbound trips removed: 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.
- Trip reductions for both weekday and weekend service.
- Weekday Eastbound trips removed: 4:57 a.m., 5:57 a.m., 6:47 a.m., 7:47 a.m., 8:47 a.m., 2:47 p.m., 3:47 p.m., 4:47 p.m., 5:47 p.m., 6:47 p.m.
- Weekday Westbound trips removed: 6:20 a.m., 7:20 a.m., 8:20 a.m., 9:20 a.m., 3:20 p.m., 4:20 p.m., 5:20 p.m., 6:20 p.m., 7:20 p.m.
- Weekend Eastbound trips removed: 8:43 a.m., 10:43 a.m., 12:43 p.m., 2:43 p.m., 4:43 p.m., 6:43 p.m.
- Weekend Westbound trips removed: 7:16 a.m., 8:16 a.m., 10:16 a.m., 12:16 p.m., 2:16 p.m., 4:16 p.m., 6:16 p.m.
- Northbound Trip from Savage Park & Ride at 6:56 a.m. will depart one minute earlier at 6:55 a.m.
- Update Mall of America stop to Gate C during transit area construction.
- 2 Eastbound trips are added to serve Blue Cross Blue Shield on Yankee Drive: Depart Cedar Grove Transit Station at 6:36 a.m. and 7:50 a.m.
- 2 Westbound trips begin one minute earlier and serve Blue Cross Blue Shield on Yankee Drive: 2:59 p.m. now 2:58 p.m., 3:59 p.m. now 3:58 p.m.
- Southbound trip from 46th Station at 8:09 a.m. departs 5 minutes earlier at 8:04 a.m. and serves Commerce Drive/Alorica.
- Northbound trip at 6:15 a.m. will serve South Bloomington Transit Center.
Routes 490, 492, and 493
Significant changes are being made to improve service for our riders in Prior Lake and Shakopee. Riders are urged to carefully note upcoming changes to these routes and contact MVTA Customer Service at (952) 882-7500 or email@example.com with all questions.
SEE UPDATED SCHEDULES FOR ROUTE 490/493 HERE. SEE UPDATED SCHEDULE FOR ROUTES 491/492 HERE.
MVTA Holiday Service Information
For Routes: ML, 416, 420, 421, 426, 436, 437, 438, 440, 442, 444, 445, 446, 460, 464, 465, 470, 472, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 484, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 495, 497, 499, RED
Oct 25th, 2018 4:31 pm
Details regarding MVTA bus service during the holiday season is found here!
Burnsville Transit Station Parking
For Routes: 460, 465
Oct 24th, 2018 8:58 am
Good News! The large portion of the ramp that was closed off on Tuesday and Wednesday has been completed and is now open. The work is on schedule and expected to be fully completed by the end of the month, as originally announced. Thank you for your patience as parking was an issue during this phase of the project!
We'd like to remind riders that an overflow lot located behind the ramp is available. Access to the lot is located between the parking ramp and Dakota Station apartments (turn left into driveway immediately after parking ramp.)
Express service to Minneapolis is also available from Heart of the City Park & Ride, located at 126th St & Pillsbury Avenue.
In July, MVTA modified many 460 trips to serve HOC to provide additional service/parking options for riders. 460 trips depart HOC between 5:25 am and 7:08 am.
Route 464 also provides express service to Minneapolis from HOC between 5:56 am and 8:41 am.
35W Ramp Closures Begin June 8 - EXPECT DELAYS.
For Routes: 460, 464, 465, 470, 472, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 491, 492
Jun 8th, 2018 8:45 am
Beginning the evening of June 8, the ramps in/out of Downtown Minneapolis via 35W will be closed. Details can be found here.
MVTA buses will detoured using 31st Street and Park/Portland. MVTA bus stops in Downtown will remain the same. The Lake Street stop will be closed.
Major delays are expected, and MVTA's detours will utilize transit advantages to make your commute as efficient as possible.
MVTA Express Routes will continue to operate based on their regularly-scheduled departure times. However, travel times will increase and we strongly urge riders to plan accordingly.
Lake Street will not be served during this construction project. Riders who currently use Lake Street as a transfer point will need to use alternative routing to reach their destinations. Alternative transfer points may include Downtown Minneapolis, Mall of America, or South Bloomington Transit Center. Please visit our Lake Street page for more information.
Please contact MVTA Customer Service at (952) 882-7500 or Metro Transit at (612) 373-3333 for assistance in planning your commute.
Riders wishing to avoid the 35W Corridor may take advantage of local routes that connect to the Blue Line Train. The following routes offer connections to the Blue Line:
Apple Valley: Red Line Burnsville: Route 444 Route 495 Eagan: Route 446 Route 444 Savage: Route 444 Shakopee: Route 495