Flexible Options for South Metro Commuters
MVTA Connect delivers flexibility, value and more options for riders in the south metro to access the MVTA system of dedicated routes.
- App-based reservations and payment
- $3 fares in app or at ondemand.transloc.com or cash upon pickup (Free rides Oct. 5 through Oct. 16)
- Service runs 6 a.m.-7 p.m. M-F
- Walk-on riders accepted (cash only, exact fare)
- When boarding MVTA Connect, an MVTA Connect transfer ticket can be obtained from the driver and used for one additional same-day trip on MVTA Connect or on an MVTA fixed-route bus.
How to Ride MVTA Connect
How it Works
Riders can arrange a ride on an MVTA Connect using a smartphone-based app called TransLoc or at ondemand.transloc.com.
1. Get the TransLoc App
The TransLoc app is available through Google Play or the App store and free to download.
2. Book a Ride
Open the TransLoc app and choose the MVTA Connect service by tapping “Book a Ride.”
3. Confirm Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Confirm your pick-up location, select your drop-off location, then choose your pick-up time and number of riders. If limited mobility accessibility is needed, a selection should be made at this time as well by tapping the wheelchair icon.
*First time users will be prompted to create an account with payment and personal information at this time.
4. Prep for Pickup
You can track the location of your driver with real-time GPS and plan for their arrival. You will receive a text message when a driver has been assigned to pick you up.
5. Share the Ride
During your ride, the MVTA driver may stop and pick up or drop off other riders. All rides provide curb-to-curb service.
6. Young children
Children 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while riding the bus..
Rider Guide Info
- Be ready for your driver. The MVTA driver will wait at the pickup location for three minutes. After that time, the rider will be considered a no-show.
- Cancellations can be made through the TransLoc app. The $3 fare is not refundable for a cancelled ride or a no-show.
- Service animals are welcome on MVTA Connect. Pets are allowed if in a carrier.
- A same-day transfer is available for one additional trip on MVTA Connect or on MVTA fixed-route buses. Transfer ticket should be placed in fare box when boarding.
- Drivers will not accept gratuities. No discounted fares. Children ages 0-5 ride free with paying adult.
- Enjoy the same MVTA benefits you’re used to, such as bike racks and limited mobility access.
We want your feedback on MVTA Connect. Share what you like about the service, and what improvements we can make by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.